This is one of my favorite summer-time treats, and since I am yearning for summer I thought I'd blog it. Of course, the berries are not in season, so you can't eat this yet...thanks a lot, winter.
This probably goes without saying, but you would want to get as many of these ingredients locally and/or organically and as minimally processed as possible. I got this recipe from here, but made a few modifications.
2 cups blackberries
2 cups raspberries
1 cup blueberries
4 tablespoons white sugar
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/2 cups butter
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl, gently toss berries with the sugar, set aside
3. In another large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg. Cut in butter until crumbly (you may find you don't need all the butter).
4. Press half the mixture into 9x13 pan. Cover with the berries, then cumble the rest of the mixture over the berries.
5. Cook for 30-40 minutes (fruit should be bubbly & topping golden brown)
Served best warm with vanilla ice-cream (home-made, of course!)
No comments:
Post a Comment